Wednesday, May 16, 2012

You Start With Seeds...

Alex is done with school for the year and is helping out so much with the garden this summer! It's been great to see the transformation of both the yard and vegetable gardens. And while it doesn't look like much has been going on, the boys and Kristi really have been working hard! I can't believe how much they do in one day!

We welcomed two female goats this past week. One is pregnant and is due in June. We get about 2 gallons of milk every day and it's seriously the best milk I've ever had. My stomach and blood type really cannot handle cow milk so goat milk has been such a blessing. I learned how to milk the goats a couple nights ago, and boy... it's not as easy as I thought it would be. But all I need is more practice!

Alex and Kristi put a fence around the duck/chicken/turkey house a few days ago which also includes a little pond. I can't wait till the ducks finally stop being such pansies and move around more in their pen and venture into the water.

So far we've planted:


  • Raspberries
  • Blackberries
  • Broccoli
  • Peas
  • Carrots 
  • Beans
  • Strawberries
  • Asparagus 
  • Onions
  • 20+ Fruit Trees
It's coming along! 

While I wish I could be doing more, I can't. Cadence will be here on Friday and for some reason I feel incredibly exhausted ... more than I usually do. It's been a long haul but I'm thankful that I don't have to be in it for another 2 weeks like most pregnancies due to my condition. Yay! My life will completely change in just a few more days. I'm as ready as I'll ever be. Ofta! 

Charles setting up the crib.


Babies are so lucky to get such cute things! Too bad they don't care!

Chickens, ducks and turkeys... when we first got them. 


The ducks!

The ducks were getting way too big so we moved them to a little house with a pond next to it. 

 This was my favorite duck that I would always snatch and give extra attention to.

 But now he/she could careless about me and always runs away from me along with the other ducks.

 Charles working hard.

The duck house and pond before the fence was put up. 


No comments:

Post a Comment